best thing i learned working with and learning about kids: when they do shit like this, especially to something they themselves use and enjoy, leave it there for as long as possible. let them return to the fun thing over and over again so that it sinks in that the thing they did was wrong, they ruined something, and now they can’t have fun because of it and they should never do it again. it teaches them consequence of action and cautiousness.
i did this with a 3-year-old kid i babysat who filled his playstation with peanut butter before i got there, just every time he went back to it and asked why it’s not working, i opened it and pointed to the peanut butter stains and said “you did that” and he says “yeah”, “will it work like that?” “…no”, and when he got it and promised to never put anything but games into a game machine again, his parents bought another and he kept his promise. it works, even at that age.
this was a long and unnecessary rant but so many times i’ve seen parents IMMEDIATELY replace their kids’ toys/electronics that they destroy over and over again and i’m just like NO THEY’RE NOT LEARNING ANYTHING THAT WAY
they also don’t learn from being thrown into fires
yeah but they’re quieter that way
STEVEN RUSSELL WAS A FUCKING GENIUS.
- Originally arrested for Insurance Fraud, he met the love of his life Phillip Morris in prison
- He got out before Phillip, so he proceeded to GET PHILLIP OUT OF PRISON
- He wanted to give Phillip a glamourous life, so he got a big-name job, and then started embezzling funds
- he was arrested and then broke out TWICE MORE and kept busting out
- then he was arrested again, and the above happened
- while he was on the run from this, he was determined to get Phillip (who was in trouble for harboring him) out of prison so he pretended to be a lawyer and hit up Phillip’s jail 24/7. He tried to get Phillip moved to a prison closer to where he was hiding so he couLD VISIT HIM
- AND THEN he made a fake identity and tried to get a 75k loan, and was arrested AGAIN, but he FAKED A HEART ATTACK AND LEFT BEFORE HE WAS EVEN PLACED IN PRISON AGAIN
- There’s a movie about his life called “I love you, phillip morris” Starring Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor
I wanna see pictures of your lowest moment from 2013 go
I was in a Toy Story play.
And I loved it.
You’re an inspiration to us all
please explain how this was your lowest point